Who are we?
At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to not only be the supplier of choice for all of our customer’s needs, but an employer of choice for “top talent” candidates and employees.
Integrity, Respect and Teamwork are the values we strive to demonstrate in our culture at Gambles. It is these values that drive every aspect of our business, especially with our people. Our people are the backbone of our business, which is why we are continuously looking to develop our people and bring super-stars onto our team!
Reporting to the Manager of Transportation is responsible for the efficient dispatching and scheduling of delivery trucks and drivers for overnight and same day service
- Coordinate overnight routing and load planning transportation services.
- Manage and administer the transportation services for same-day customers and same-day transfers.
- Work closely with Shipping, Receiving and Transportation staff to schedule and manage the efficient flow of product for cross-dock and backhaul freight movement.
- Monitor Trimble transportation reports for GPS coordinates, telematics and driver behaviour for all Gambles and 3rd party providers.
- Adhere to and improve all transportation SOPs and make recommendations of procedural guidelines for delivering products to customers or suppliers.
- Assist in the administration of all Gambles and 3rd Party Driver KPI’s and policies.
- Determine the most effective and economical routing in a fast pace environment.
- Manage drivers (agency and employee).
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan long-range labour needs based on budgetary and throughput expectations.
- High level of client satisfaction that is maintained and monitored with service providers.
- Responsible and accountable for promoting Health and Safety and providing any programs, which will encourage and develop a good balance between safety, productivity, and the wellbeing of individuals.
- Completion of any special projects or tasks as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous Warehouse, produce and customer service experience an asset.
- Basic computer skills & knowledge of Access, Excel, Word, and warehousing systems.
- Must display strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must display strong team building, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Work related experience in traffic and transportation an asset.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please note that Gambles Ontario Produce Inc., is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. During the recruitment process, if you require any accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to notify us of your required arrangements.