At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs.
Our people are the backbone of our business! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow!
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Plan for our full-time employees.
The Import Logistics Coordinator will report directly to the Program Sales Manager.
This position will be responsible for coordinating and ensuring a smooth customs process for our fresh produce imports – including land, ship, and air imports. This individual will work primarily out of the Ontario Food Terminal location but will require the ability to travel to our 302 Dwight Ave. location regularly.
Although the primary schedule for this individual is 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, our ideal candidate can work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the business which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Build purchase orders and manage add-on costs
- Create and maintain load ID data
- Create and maintain item codes in the ERP system
- Organize, update, and communicate daily load arrival appointments and information
- Monitor container clearances
- Track and trace shipments
- Scan and appropriately manage documentation
- Managing forward distribution business as required
- Process custom documents for load entry to Canada
- Contact Shippers for all COS requirements
- Investigate and resolve customs broker issues with COS, permits, customer release, etc.
- Coordinate local pick up of air & sea shipments
- Regularly collaborate with sales and buying team members in order to address and resolve discrepancies with codes, prices and other information
- Correspond with operations colleagues to coordinate daily load receiving and resolve any issues
- Maintain current and up-to-date information on all government/CFIA requirements
- Demonstrated logistics/customs experience
- Current knowledge regarding import/export shipments requirements and regulations
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize internal ERP software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly in English
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management or other related field is considered an asset
- Customs certification is considered an asset
- Demonstrated organization and time-management skills to navigate a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail skills to ensure data accuracy
- A quick learner with the ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment
- Team-oriented with the ability to both take direction and be self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with external & internal contacts
Interested parties should apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note that Gambles Group is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.